Starting school at Hukanui Primary School
Once a place has been offered for an International Learner, a Hukanui Primary School start date will be suggested. Students will need to come in full school uniform on their start day. Hukanui School Uniforms can be purchased from Global Velocity or through Hukanui School.
On arrival at school International Learners will be walked to their classroom and introduced to both their teacher, classmates and the Learning Assistant working in their classroom. Stationery will be issued in class and where possible a Hukanui Student Translator will be assigned to your child.
• Students are expected to attend school Monday – Friday.
• Most children arrive at school around 8:30am. The school bell will ring at 8:45 am as a signal to move to class, ready for the 9:00am start.
• School closes at 2.50pm and students are expected to be picked up by 3pm.
• Students are expected to wear school uniform every day.
• Students are expected to provide their own morning tea and lunch.
In New Zealand lunches are often sandwiches and bread rolls, fruit and snacks. Hot lunch can be ordered at school on Wednesday - Friday through EziLunch at an additional cost.
• All students are expected to abide by the school rules and have a high standard of manners, courtesy and respect for both staff and other students.